Looking to take your regular mac & cheese up a notch? Then you're going to love this Chipotle Adobo Mac & Cheese! It's very easy, tastes delicious and looks amazing.
- 1/2 pound spiral macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, slivered
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese (or something similar), cubed
- 3 cups cubed grilled chicken
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare pasta per package instructions.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and pepper, and sauté until tender.
- Stir in chipotle peppers, Velveeta cheese and cream of mushroom soup, stirring constantly for about 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Stir in chili powder, grated garlic, chicken and cooked pasta. Combine.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet or 11- x 7-inch baking dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Top with sour cream, serve and enjoy!